Nov 5, 2014

Oh, the Devil!



I know, I told you there is no good and evil, there is no Devil, although we all know that “The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist” – quoting the French poet Charles Baudelaire. No, no! It was not Roger “Verbal” Kint! I was saying that there is a natural balance of “good” and “evil” and we can learn to dancing on this rope and eventually get advantage from the both end of it. It might be just a nice illusion? I still don’t know for sure. But what I know it’s there some sort of evil which keep us in a sort of dreaming state of mind. You might read about this in the books of George Gurdjieff or – worst case scenario – you saw the film Matrix. I don’t know if there is any science in the fiction, but there is always some truth.
It’s commonly accepted, everybody associated The Devil card with the sing of the Capricorn. I guess the presence of the horns are a good enough justification for that although generally the image of the card is inspired by the 19th century image of a Sabbatic Goat, created by Eliphas Levi. Continue reading

0 comments:

Post a Comment